Sunday, January 24, 2010

A 4G Phone?

My secondary phone, a 2-year old Motorola V9, died out on me 2 days ago. I'm now in search of a good upgrade. A veritable replacement which won't be too shabby 2 years down the road, after all, I'm not one who changes phone every other month or so and that's why I always aim at the higher rated ones. Quality is the name of the game.

I've been reading tons of reviews and user-comments about my choices - the top 3 being the iPhone 3GS, Nokia N97 and Sony Ericsson Satio (I would love to consider the X10 but there's still no release date). I would've gotten the iPhone if only it was available, I learned from my carrier that there's a worldwide shortage of some sorts and would take me weeks to get a unit. Too bad my phone's dead and I can't spare weeks to get a replacement. I'm seriously thinking of (1) opting for my 2 other choices or (2) get a cheap replacement until the iPhone is available.

While I was doing my research, I found some pictures of the supposedly leaked iPhone 4G. Now that my attention alright. In the world of mobile phones, a new model with new features, means price drops for the older model. I wanted the iPhone mainly due to the fact that it's resale value is quite high compared to other brands (so it's also functional but I'm not really a fan) and now I'm worried.

Then again, I'm sure fans of iPhone would be ecstatic with the upgrades.


Picture taken from hubpages.com

No comments: