Friday, March 5, 2010

Depression

I was watching TV a while back. There was this special on celebrity crises, the mental illness the great beings of hollywood have. Then it hit me, I've had my fair share. There were instances when I get anxiety attacks, sleep problems and depression. It came to a point that my aunt talked to my mom when I was in my early 20s and asked her to watch me for signs of being clinically depressed.

It was that bad but NOT THAT BAD. Apparently, I have a free loose screws here and there but I am not destructive. I don't cut myself like Christina Ricci nor do I have agoraphobia like Kim Basinger. I've always felt fat but I'm not bulimic like Katharin McPhee and anorexic like Mary Kate Olsen. 

Just now I was browsing through FemaleNetwork.com and I saw this article title asking the reader what she likes best as a woman. 

It prompted me to finally open this ill-forgotten blog. 

I like that I am resilient and unbreakable. That's what. And it might be true that a lot of people are like that too but I like that most about me, as me, as a woman.

No comments: